We would like to make you aware of the following new measures we have implemented to ensure you can safely enjoy your visit:
- We kindly ask customers to consent to a temperature check on arrival to reduce the risk of anyone symptomatic from entering the venue. We are also asking guests to leave contact details should we have any concerns after your visit.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry if a customers temperature is too high
- There will be table service only; please do not approach the bar to order drinks.
- Staff are required to record their temperature at the beginning and the end of their shifts, and each table they serve will be saved on our system.
- Staff have received extensive additional hygiene procedure training and are equipped with masks and gloves which shall be routinely sanitised and discarded.
- Tables have been spaced out following government guidelines, however when moving around please adhere to at least 1m social distancing when inside the venue. For example, one customer at a time using the stairs, keeping left and distanced queuing outside the bathrooms rather than inside.
- We are using single-use menus and packaged napkins and cutlery to avoid unnecessary contact, in addition to individual sachets of seasonings and condiments.
- As per new guidelines, there can be no standing drinking inside the venue; please do not stand in groups of mixed households when inside. Weather permitting, you may stand outside with drinks whilst respecting distancing measures.
- Please note that each table will be allocated an assigned waiter or waitress, so please refrain from placing orders with other members of staff.
- Unfortunately, as we are operating at such reduced capacity, we urge you to book tables in advance as we shall not be able to accommodate all walk-ins.
- We are able to accept bookings for up to 2 households (or social bubbles) of any table size. Alternatively, we can host tables up to a maximum of 6 individuals from separate households.
- Surfaces and facilities will be routinely sanitised at regular and frequent intervals throughout the day.
We are going above and beyond to deliver our premium level of quality and service whilst maintaining these steps to ensure our customers and staff remain as safe as possible. Your wellbeing is, as always, our number one priority. As the hospitality sector continues to adjust the ‘new normal’, some of the above guidelines may change, so please keep an eye out for updates.